Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kale Kraving


Hi, my name is Sam and I'm an addict. A potato chip addict that is-- I crave them and can never stop at just one. Lucky for me, this is a common problem to have and there is a (tasty) solution out there!

Say hellllllllo to kale chips! Wait, kale chips...? The weird, green mostly known as a garnish? Yeahhh, that kale. I was unsure at first too, but after trying this recipe for kale chips I'm hooked!

This recipe is everything a girl would want- easy, quick, cheap, healthy and it tastes like potato chips! Perfection.

Steps:

1. Preheat your oven to 350.

2. Cut yourself up some kale! Only use the leaves-- the stem is super bitter. And make sure the pieces you are cutting aren't too small, and aren't too big. Just perfect bite size pieces.


3. Clean that kale and dry it.


4. Line a baking sheet with some foil.


5. Put the clean, dry kale on the baking sheet. Spread the kale over the entire sheet.

6. Drizzle with about a tablespoon of Olive Oil and then sprinkle salt over all of it. I also added some garlic salt because I'm garlic's #1 fan.

7. Pop 'em in the oven for about 10 minutes and Ta-da! You've made kale chips. Easy right?

I'll be honest, these babes aren't as good as the real things, but they are pretty darn delicious. I made them as a side for soup and the meal was super satisfying. Delish.

So instead of going for that bag of potato chips to cure your late night salty food cravings, whip up a batch of these yummy, crunchy and healthy chips :)

For best results, drink with a glass of wine:







No comments:

Post a Comment