Monday, November 7, 2011

Lipstick Junkie



Is it just me or does fall weather call for an extra dose of drama to play into your look?

I personally take the chilly temps as a sign to break out my most fabulous and dramatic lipstick. I strayed away from lipstick during the hot months here in Phoenix, because it usually resulted in me smearing it across my face when I wiped away sweat. Ew. That is the definition of "hot mess."

Luckily, the weather here is absolutely lovely now and it's allowing me to transform my makeup regimen!

Hello lip color and a semi-smokey eye! Please excuse my wild mane of hair.

Some of my favorite lip colors- (from left) Clinique, A Different Grape; Revlon, Cherry Ice; Clinique Chubby Stick (Love that name!) in Mega Melon; and another Revlon shade in Red Revival.

The beauty of lipstick is that it can take any look and completely transform it into a put-together and classic ensemble. For example, last Saturday morning the boy and I wanted to go to the Farmer's Market in Old Town Scottsdale. We wanted to go early, but there was NO way I was showering before noon on a Saturday (It's just a rule of mine. I also refuse to workout on Fridays), so I threw on a pair of leggings, an oversize jean shirt, black flats, my Ray-Bans and OF COURSE a shiny pair of red lips (I forgot to take a picture- sorry!). My boyfriend then admitted to me that "lipstick freaks him out," but OH WELL I felt like the epitome of fall chic fashion regardless! :)

Do you have a go-to make-up or accessory that makes you feel instantly glamourous? Have you found that "perfect shade" of lip color?



No comments:

Post a Comment